Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pallets, Oh How I Do Love Them!

I just got a new batch of pallets and I am happily and busily planning and plotting what to do with them.  The possibilities are truly endless.  Right now I am working with them as the whole pallet like I did with this project that I am reposting because "she", yes my potting bench is a she, and she is in a beauty contest right now and she needs your help.

This project is entered in Bob Vila's Thumbs Up! contest for the month of November 2014. You can vote once a day. It only takes a few seconds to vote, I promise!  PLEASE VOTE FOR IT HERE! THANK YOU!
Tune in this evening for the Vintage Inspiration Party!

I am still in my pallet paradise mode--loving the beauty and creative possibility of free wood.  Now, free wood does not mean less work, quite the contrary.  Pallet building is not for the faint.  It is hard work making that free wood useable.  But, I love discovering the different kinds of woods, dreaming up new ways to use the various parts of the pallet.  Using half a pallet, I built a potting table that is ready for spring (or late May in Montana).
pallet potting bench Bob Vila thumbs up http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2012/03/pallet-potting.html
I filled in the empty spaces between the pallets with some painted trim pieces.
pallet potting bench Bob Vila thumbs up http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2012/03/pallet-potting.html Old window sash pieces worked for legs and some found tongue and groove boards for the bottom shelf.  I added a little chalkboard I made from an old lace shutter frame I found in an alley and a few fun things to hang tools from.
pallet potting bench Bob Vila thumbs up http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2012/03/pallet-potting.html
Even with the bottom shelf, she was still a little unsteady on her feet so I added a cross piece in the back which stabilized the table beautifully. 
pallet potting bench Bob Vila thumbs up http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2012/03/pallet-potting.html
Mother Nature, bring on some planting weather!
pallet potting bench Bob Vila thumbs up http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2012/03/pallet-potting.html

4 comments:

  1. Just voted for you!! For the moment your second but no worries your project is awesome!!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cast my vote !!!
    Good luck Becky - I LOVE this
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for you again. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky, I love your potting table and voted for you almost every day and will continue. I keep my fingers crossed that you'll win.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!